Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Well Hello

Well... it's been a while eh! Here's a brief update.

School is hell. GCSEs are hell. Ok... maybe I'm over-exaggerating a little here. School is not hell, though is not amazing, and GCSEs are not hell as they havn't started yet. Revision for them however, is starting now, so that ain't nice. Generally life is decent, so I can't complain.

Website work is full steam(ish). Nearly got a home page full CSS and xHTML mockup done. Currently for the design, I need a photograph that's key to the whole feel of the site. As of yet, I have a temporary picture but it really isn't a high enough quality after being cropped, then stretched, to fit the size I want it to be. For it, I'm going to need a new camera...

...which nicely brings me onto my next points. I'm hopefully getting a new Digital SLR camera! At the time of typing this, I hope to get it for my birthday. One of the main reasons I'm writing this is because it occured to me that for every major techy item I've wanted over the past year or so, I've mentioned on here... and then I've got them! For example... I mentioned I wanted a tablet... bingo! I mentioned I wanted the "D900 from Samsung" in my last post.. and hey presto, it's right infront of me now! So call me supersticious, but I'm gunna do it again.

Ok, ok ... I hear you. You wants to know the dslr I'm looking at! Well, here it is. The Nikon D40X. Looks a beauty.. and to be released at the end of this month/beginning of April. I'm hoping the end of this month, so I can get it for my birthday. I've agreed a sort of financial agreement with my parents about it... so fingers crossed.

Secondly... I need a new computer. This ol' Dell ain't been too bad, it's served me ok, but well.. as all Windows systems seem to do.. it ain't working as well as it should/could. After finding out that Megan is going to Handsworth, as well as recent ...discussions... about use of the PC, it's become apparent that we're going to need a computer for my work, and a computer she can use. So of course, I'm hoping to buy a Mac! I'm thinking at the moment that it will be a MacBook Pro, but I want to wait first until June.

Why? June brings with it the arrival of Leopard, and there's no point buying a MacBook and then having to go and upgrade it a few months later. Plus there's the fact that who knows what Apple could be releasing. I heard a rumour that there could even be a black iMac, that's got the best everything. Swwweeeeetttttt! That would put me in a serious dilema!

Anyway, that's pretty much me drooling over tech stuff.

I'd better get back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home