Thursday, May 11, 2006

Weeks go by














Hello there old friend. Havn't posted since Monday, so this will be a bit of an update on what's been going on.

Monday night was all ok, and Tuesday wasn't bad. I didn't have to see the oral assisstant! and the biology test wasn't too bad, although I don't think I've done very well. My sax lesson went ok too. Can't really remember much other than that.

Yesterday (Wednesday), was quite busy. School was all ok, and then in the evening my sister had to go to an awards ceremony at Sutton Library as she won a poem competition. It was a nice evening, with some good poems read by proffessional poets, although some of the older childrens poems were very morbid.

Anyway, we're having the boiler moved for the conservatory, so the plumbers have been here. I had to move all my desk stuff onto the floor which was annoying, but the plus side was that some of the old machinery they've thrown out makes for interesting photographs. I took quite a lot before we went to the poetry evening, and then on the way back took some nice pictures around behind the chippy, whilst Dad and Megan got the chips. I took pictures of Meg reading her poem too. I'm pleased with them, although I'm not going to post any yet, as I'm running out of pictures I'm happy with to post. I'm worried I'll have to resort to either - posting images already posted, not posting images at all, or posting images I don't think are brilliant - so I'm trying to take lot's more photographs to keep my stock up.

As for site design, have done no work on skins as I've had work to do and revision for an oncoming R.E. GCSE, which is rather worrying. I've got to go do some revision now. I'm definately changing the paperclips, and practiced today with a paint splattered theme which looked ok, needs some touching up.

Been looking around at blogs, Karen Cheng's hit 7 years of blogging, and I think that's great. As for bloggers such as Jane Langfield and Stephen Downes I just find that sort of blogging boring. It's only relevant to a certain few, and although it's these people that develop blogging, I have to admit finding personal blogs far more beautiful - just as Karen says, finding beautiful moments in ordinary life is what makes blogging special for me.

Just watched a little bit of a documentary on Putin. Ah well. Finishing off drama, with a failing internet connection. Here's a composition I'm proud of that I did for d.t., oh, and DWM hasn't given me the logos yet...and all of a sudden, as I sit here listening to Follow the Cops back Home by Placebo, I have a longing to be lost, in the city, in London or Birmingham, going round in circles, in the cold, cold night.



It'll be added when Blogger starts working

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home