Friday, April 07, 2006

Too popular














Hi. Schools broken up now, and it was all good. Went into town afterwards with Waheed and Max, Bob and Dave W tagged around a bit, then me and Waheed left, went to his house and played games. Fun.

That sounds really brief and short because that's what I want it to be, because I think I'm going to give a little rant. I don't mean to sound all grumpy about it, because I have had a good day - it's just this evening on the internet I've found out how annoying people of my age can be - especially the people who think they're going to make it big on the internet.

Take Dan Alani, someone who I vaguely know at the Gathering. He has a site, which is designed quite nicely, but is completely awful at advertising himself. A comment which really annoyed me on his site was "Great website Dan. Looks like you got yourself A nice little business here. I am looking to get into the same field, so maybe in the future we might be rivals!". That's just stupid. Another thing that annoys me is that the web design and graphic design links are just crossed out, and his photos, of which use an external site, are not even that good (in my opinion anyway). It really annoys me how people take photos of anything and everything. I'd like to think my photo's have a purpose, and actually look interesting.

I got to his site through the 2cools website, which sadly, doesn't live up to it's name. It's run by a guy at my school who has an ego bigger than 3 elephants. It just annoys me at how pathetic the forum is. (Sorry, this is really ranty and sad, but hey, I'm in the mood for it)

I got onto Greg Yates blog and found that all it is, is just a story. Boring really - nice guy, but boring blog.

Gah, this has been a complete rant, and I feel bad for doing so, but I guess writing it down makes me feel better. The thing is, I know I havn't got my own site, I havn't scripted it in PHP, I havn't got a phpbb forum, but the thing is...I think I know what looks GOOD. Half these people have NO sense of design, and it's all just boring, rubbish stuff that they think makes them look good. Oh well. Rant over.

Anyway, Nanna's here. Should be fun. Going into town...again...tomorrow.

Seeya

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home